Wednesday 21 March 2012

Evan Rachel Wood Exploded At 18

Evan Rachel Wood
Credit: Getty Images
The 'Ides of March' actress - who began acting when she was just four years old - says her strict upbringing made her want to rebel once she hit her late teens but she is now ready to "settle down" following her period of recklessness.
She said: "The funny thing is I was a really good kid because I was raised extremely strict and I was working a lot. My mother wanted to be really, really careful because in this business it's east to go off the deep end, but I think that worked against her because when I turned 18, I had been so sheltered for so long that I just exploded.
"I am glad I did because it teaches you a lot about yourself. Now, I've got it out of my system and I am ready to settle down."
Evan admits she only learns from her own "experiences" but the 24-year-old beauty believes her desire for independence is normal.
She said: "I have to experience something to learn from it. I won't just take people's word for something. I can't have somebody telling me, 'Don't do this, do that.'
"I feel like every child is supposed to go through a period where you have to separate yourself from your parents and push away."

No comments: